Monday 1 March 2021

Visible Image Nothing to Wear boxed card set

Here is an overview of how I made this box of cards using the really cool Nothing To Wear stamp release from Visible Image. You can pre-order these fab new stamps now from www.VisibleImage.com, release date is the 19th March.


I stamped the T shirt in black versafine ink 6 times onto white card and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. I cut them out very close to the embossed edge.

Next I squished some mustard seed distress oxide onto my blending mat, spritzed a little water and picked up some of the ink onto one of the T shirts. I dried it with my heat gun before picking up more ink and drying again. Carried on building the layers of ink before finally picking up a few blots of ripe persimmon.

I inked up the other T shirts the same way using ripe persimmon (with a blot of picked raspberry, salty ocean (with a blot of ripe persimmon), twisted citron and finally wilted violet (both with a blot of salty ocean).

Did a second ripe persimmon T shirt for the box lid.



I used pva and black glitter on the neck, sleeves and bottom edges of the T shirts and left them to dry for a bit while I had a cup of tea and slice of cake.

Next task was to cut 5 strips of white card 10" x 5" and score in the middle to make 5 white card blanks 5"x5".
  
Then I cut 6 white card matts 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" and 6 larger black card matts 4 3/4" x 4 3/4".

By the time I'd finished all this measuring and cutting, the glitter was dry on the T shirts.

I stamped and heat embossed words and icons onto the T shirts and stamped onto the white card matts in versafine black ink and corresponding distress oxide.
When sticking the T shirts onto your decorated matts, change their angle to add variety.



 

Painted the T shirt daisy petals white then covered it with glossy accents and sprinkled a little glitter while it was still wet.

Used a little mustard seed oxide ink to colour the centre of the daisies on the background.

Added a stitched border with a yellow Zig pen.







Stamped the T shirt with the butterfly icon and the Be Kind words in versamark ink and heat embossed with white embossing powder.

Added a stitched border with a purple Zig pen.












I painted in the centre of the Diva with white ink and then went over it with a sparkle pen.

I painted in the centres of the background words with twisted citron distress oxide ink.

Added a stitched border with a green Zig pen.






I stamped the star on the T shirt with versamark and heat embossed with silver. The stars on the background were stamped in silver pigment ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.

Then coloured in the Rock centres with salty ocean oxide ink.

Added a stitched border with a blue Zig pen.







On the 2 ripe persimmon T shirts I painted in the Rock with white ink and went over it with a glitter pen when it was dry.

I covered the skull with glossy accents and sprinkled glitter over it like before.








I attached the stamped toppers to the larger black matts leaving with a border of 1/8", then fixed them to the white card blanks using tape and pva. Drew around each T shirts with a grey alcohol marker, adding a shadow to make them stand out.

Next  - The box ....
I used a score board for this as it always gets the the box top in the right proportion to the base so they fit properly - switched to cm for this.

I cut 2 pieces of white card 17.5cm x 17.5cm. 

On one piece I stamped the skull icon in black versafine  and the Rock word in Ripe Persimmon on each edge, moving the card 90 degrees each time. I gave it a quick blast with my heat gun to dry the ink.

I used my score board to score the decorated box lid 2cm from the edge on all 4 sides using the box lid edge to butt up against.

On the white base piece I scored 2cm on all 4 sides using the box base edge to butt up against.




 
I folded the scored edges and burnished them with my bone folder then snipped a little V into the top and bottom edges.








Applied pva to the flaps and waited a few moments for the glue to go off a little.


Folded the sides together and pressed them for a few seconds.








Used paper clips to hold the sides while the glue dried.

Then removed the clips and attached the second ripe persimmon topper to the box lid using tape and pva.




This project took a while to do but it was a lot of fun and I had a great inky day creating it. My finished box and cards...



I hope you have enjoyed this project and thanks for stopping by ðŸ’–,
Ali xxx

You can purchase these stamps and stencils here https://visibleimage.com/


Items used

  • Visible Image Stamps - Nothing to Wear, Lost For Words
  • Distress Oxide Ink Pads - Mustard Seed, Ripe Persimmon, Picked Raspberry, Twisted Citron, Salty Ocean, Wilted Violet
  • Black Versafine, Versamark, Silver Pigment ink pads
  • Clear, white & silver embossing powders
  • Zig clean color pens
  • Score board
  • Heat Gun
  • Blending mat
  • Black & iridescent glitters
  • Glossy accents
  • white gel pen/white acrylic ink
  • glitter gel pen
  • Grey alcohol marker
  • White stamping card (300gsm), Black card for matting & layering
  • double sided tape & pva

  • paper clips


No comments:

Post a Comment

Visible Image - Sunny Birthday

 This week I've used the gorgeous Sunflower Grunge stamps from Visible Image to make a bright and sunny birthday card for my mum, Decemb...