Monday 6 July 2020

New Visible Image Stencils - Mesh It Up - Distressed Heart

Wishing everyone a very Happy Tuesday - it's my turn to blog so  I'd like to share this card I've made using the left over bits from sample making with the fab new stencils. These beauties are going to be released on July 17th and they are available for pre-order right now from Visible Image.
This is a simpler version of one of my samples๐Ÿ’–






Creating a heart mask - I took a piece of copy paper, folded it in half, drew half a heart and cut it so the heart shape measures approx 6" x 6".  I was careful to leave the outer part in one piece for the mask. ✂

I sprayed the inside edge of the heart mask with stencil adhesive - Stick and Spray, waited a couple of minutes for it to dry off then laid it over a piece of white card.

I coloured the heart shape with Cosmic Shimmer Lavender Blue Opal Polish and Bubblegum Lustre Polish, the blue down the left hand side and blended into the pink. Then dried it with a heat gun. 

I used the remaining pink polish left on the applicator to colour a scrap of white card then stamped one of the flowers (Random Art of Kindness stamps) in black versafine ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. ⚘









I sprayed stick & spray over the back of the stencil, waited a minute and then laid it over my ๐Ÿ’œ  heart.





I applied black texture paste with a spatula over the stencil. You could use an old credit card if you haven't got a spatula. 

Then lifted off the stencil and lashed it into a bowl of water. ๐Ÿšฐ

The texture paste takes a while to dry, you can speed it up with a heat gun.






 I coloured the centre petals with a little watered down Lavender Polish and cut it out. ✂ I snipped between the petals then shaped it using a ball tool and the back of a foam mat.



I had some tropical leaf die cuts left over from a previous project which went really well with the colour scheme - Tim Holtz's Tropical set by Sizzix.


When the texture paste was dry, I peeled off the paper mask and cut out the coloured heart. I sponged a little black gesso around the edge to add a vignette.









 I stamped the splats in black Versafine ink from the Organics set on an 8" x 8" white card blank, working outwards from the centre.



 





 


I also stamped the Love is Love sentiments onto white card and matted them onto black card.











I fixed the heart onto the centre of the card with double sided foam and the flowers and leaves with 3d glue gel.



I also used the glue gel to add the sentiments to the right hand side of the heart.





Hope you like it and I have inspired you to have a go. Please come and share your makes with us on the Visible Image Facebook Group ๐Ÿ˜Ž



Thanks for stopping by

Ali xxx



You can purchase this stamps and stencils here https://visibleimage.com/


Items used

  • Visible Image Mesh It Up stencil

  • Visible Image Stamp Sets - Organics, Random Art of Kindness, Love is Love

  • Cosmic Shimmer Lavender Blue Opal Lustre & Bubblegum Lustre Polishes

  • Black leaf die cuts

  • Black Structure Paste

  • Black Gesso

  • Black Versafine Clair ink pad

  • Clear Embossing powder

  • Tools - Heat gun, spatula

  • 3D glue gel, double sided foam tape

  • Stencil Adhesive/Crafter's Companion Stick & Spray

  • 300gsm Craft UK Premium smooth white card

  • 8" x 8" white card blank










No comments:

Post a Comment

Visible Image - Sunny Birthday

 This week I've used the gorgeous Sunflower Grunge stamps from Visible Image to make a bright and sunny birthday card for my mum, Decemb...