Wednesday 24 June 2020

Daily Arts Samples - Hochanda Tuesday 22nd June 2020

Here are the samples I did for the Daily Arts shows on Hochanda on Monday 22nd June 2020. I got to play with the fab mini mandala stencils, crackle lacquers, gloss varnish and the stunning pigment powders.




I used yellow and green distress inks through the stencil to make the flower heads, masking off the front 2 when inking up the ones at the back.

Drew in the stems and leaves with a black fine liner pen then drew around every inked shape - it took a while.

Then painted the leaves and stems, added some doodles with the black fine liner, used a grey alcohol pen to add some shadows.

The sentiment is a Cheery Lynn die.



I used one of the Travel papers from Paper Designs on the base, inked around the edges with black soot distress ink.

I stencilled some 13Arts modelling paste and when it was dry, added  a little gilding wax over it and around the mdf base.

Then brushed black versafine ink through the mandala stencil. I used the Daily Arts crackle lacquiers, brushed the turquoise pigment powder over the cracks, then layers of gloss varnish over the whole surface. 

I die cut 3 of Tim Holtz's wild flowers daisies in black and drew in some detail using a gold gel pen then fixed them to the base with 3d glue gel.

Lastly, I added a sentiment sticker (Tim's small talk).





I painted over the heart shaped base with  yellow, red and orange  and red acrylic paint. When it had dried, I stamped All & Create's Tribal stamp in places over the heart to add a bit of texture. 

I added a bit of ripe persimmon distress ink to warm it up and black soot around the outside.

Then I stencilled yellow paint through one of the mandala stencils and black paint through another.

I used a black pen to draw around all of the painted yellow bits and a white pen around the black painted sections.

I applied the Daily Arts crackle lacquers over parts of the heart and when it dried, brushed red wine pigment powder over the cracks.
Finally I added multiple layers of the gloss varnish over the heart and gilding wax around the edges.





I used distress oxides to create the background then applied more oxide ink through a couple of the Daily Arts mandala stencils using a blending tool.

I stamped the bird KatzelKraft SOLO44 using black Versafine Clair and extended the branch at the base with a black fine liner.

I added sparkly highlights to the birds and branches with a jelly roll clear star gel pen and added a vignette around the card with back soot distress ink.

Used the Daily Arts crackle lacquers over the whole card and brushed yellow pigment powder into the cracks. 
Lastly a couple of layers of the gloss varnish and a Tim Holtz sentiment.





I stencilled blueprint sketch oxide ink through a few of the Daily Arts mandala stencils onto white card and used a large square punch to cut 9 squares.

On each square I used the 2 Daily Arts crackle lacquers, dark blue pigment powder on the cracks and then a layer of the gloss varnish.

Added a couple of Tim Holtz wild flower stems, added highlights using a white gel pen and a couple of That's Crafty stamped words.



You can find the products - stencils, stamps, inks, powders and pastes at
That's Crafty https://www.thatscrafty.co.uk/ 
and also at Hochanda https://www.hochanda.com/

Thanks for stopping by,

Ali xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment

Visible Image - Sunny Birthday

 This week I've used the gorgeous Sunflower Grunge stamps from Visible Image to make a bright and sunny birthday card for my mum, Decemb...