Monday 20 July 2020

New Visible Image Stencils - Green & Black Words of Comfort


Tuesday 21st July 2020

Today I'm showing how I made this a dark, green and super sparkly card for the latest Visible Image stencil release.


To start off with I sprayed stencil adhesive to the back of The Forest stencil and attached it to a piece of black card measuring 6" x 6".


I squished my versamark ink pad over the stencil coating the exposed black card with a layer of sticky ink. I removed the stencil, covered the card with clear embossing powder and tipped off the excess. Then used my heat gun to melt the embossing powder.




Next I sprayed the back of the Words of Comfort Stencil with stencil spray and stuck it over the embossed card adding some masking tape for extra support 

Using the back of a spatula I applied some holographic texture paste to the top of the stencil and then dragged it down over the words. You could use an old store card if you don't have a spatula. 

When all the words were covered, I scraped the excess paste back into the pot and carefully removed the stencil which went straight into water.  I used my heat gun to speed up the drying time a bit and then left it to dry.



I used a green stardust jellyroll pen to doodle a border around the outside.

I matted and layered this onto a larger piece of the green holographic card with a border of about 1/8" and then onto a 7"x7" black card blank.

Next I stamped some of the butterflies from the Visible Image Wings of Change stamp set onto the back of a piece of green metallic/holographic card and onto black card and cut them out.

I also die cut a bamboo (Amy's Oriental) from the green card and from black card.

Then fixed the bamboo to the bottom left of the card with the green slightly above and to the left of the black with 3D glue gel.


I glued the green butterflies, flat, to the right hand side of the card, raised the wings of the black butterflies and fixed them to the centres of the green ones using 3D glue gel again.
Once the glue was dry, I drew in some dots and antenna onto the butterflies with the green gel pen.


My finished card



I hope you have enjoyed this demo and you will come and join us in the Visible Image Group on Facebook and show us your makes.
Thanks for stopping by

Ali xxx



You can purchase these stamps and stencils here https://visibleimage.com/


Items used

  • Visible Image Stencils - The Forest & Words of Comfort

  • Visible Image Stamps - Wings of Change

  • That's Crafty Holographic Gel Medium

  • Black card

  • Holographic or metallic green card

  • Green stardust jelly roll pen

  • Versafine ink pad

  • Clear Embossing powder

  • Tools - Heat gun, spatula

  • 3D glue gel, double sided tape

  • Stencil Adhesive/Crafter's Companion Stick & Spray

  • Bamboo die cuts (Amy's Oriental Collection)

  • 7" x 7" black card blank








No comments:

Post a Comment

Visible Image - Sunny Birthday

 This week I've used the gorgeous Sunflower Grunge stamps from Visible Image to make a bright and sunny birthday card for my mum, Decemb...