Monday 22 June 2020

New Visible Image Stamps - Be Kind Card with Sunset Oxides


This is one of the first samples I have made as a brand new member of the Visible Image Design Team. I am so excited to have joined such a fabulous group. Anyway, enough about me onto the card making…..



I cut a piece of 300gsm white card 5 ½” square (Craft Uk’s Premium white smooth 300gsm)

Then pressed some colourful distress oxides onto my craft mat, lightly spritzed them with water until they started to bobble, then picked up the ink onto different bits of my card and dried it with a heat gun. Picked up more ink, dried the card and had a look to see what I’d got.





It needed a bit more yellow so cleaned my mat, pressed down the Mustard Seed, spritzed again and picked up some of the ink.









I used Versafine Clair Nocturne to stamp the gorgeous abstract face and stamped the upper and lower eye lashes. No worries if your lashes are not dead on as you can fill in with a black fine liner.

I picked 3 of the little flower head stamps and stamped around the card, leaving the right side of the face clear, and stamping off the side of the card in places.




I used a little white gouache on a damp brush to fill in the centre of the flowers and the whites of her eyes. Then filled in her pupils using a black fine liner pen and added some detail lines on her irises.

I added a couple of white highlights to the pupils with a white gel pen. I watered down the white gouache a little more and brushed in a highlight around the inside of her face from the top of the nose to her chin.


To make the flowers and her face stand away from the card, I used a grey alcohol pen (Spectrum Noir TriBlend). 










I used the light grey marker around all of the flowers, her eyebrows, eyes, inside the corner of her eyes and around the edges of her face, then the mid grey to deepen the shadow on her face and around the left side of the flower only.


Then coloured her lips with a little Picked raspberry and gave her some sparkly eye liner and mascara using a clear star jelly roll pen.

I used a little Black Soot distress ink on a blending foam to add a vignette around the edge of the card




I stamped the lovely open sentiment and coloured with a little mustard seed, ripe persimmon and candied apple inks. I glued this onto a slightly larger piece of black card.




I matted and layered my coloured card with back and white card, and finally onto an 8” x 8” card blank.



Really happy with how this one turned out. 

You can purchase this stamp set here https://visibleimage.com/product-category/new-stamps/

Thanks for stopping by
Ali xxx




Items used

  • Visible Image Happy Day stamp set

  • Distress Oxides ink pads in Mustard Seed, Picked Raspberry, Ripe Persimmon and Candied Apple

  • White Gouache

  • Black Soot Distress ink pad

  • Pens - Black Fine Liner, white gel pen, Jelly roll clear star pen, Spectrum Noir Grey Triblend marker

  • Tools - craft mat, heat gun, water spritzer, fine tipped paint brush, blending tool & foams, craft knife, self healing mat, layering rulers, scissors

  • Red liner tape and strong pva glue

  • 300gsm Craft UK Premium smooth white card

  • Black and white card for matting and layering

  • 8" x 8" white card blank

https://visibleimage.com/product/happy-day/

2 comments:

Visible Image - Sunny Birthday

 This week I've used the gorgeous Sunflower Grunge stamps from Visible Image to make a bright and sunny birthday card for my mum, Decemb...