Saturday 19 August 2023

Visible Image - Soulmates After All This Time

 Definitely in my comfort zone with this make - lots of heat embossing, black, white and a little colour. A high contrast card with plenty of shiny, glossy bits 😎

I found a strip of white smooth 300gsm card approx 5" x 6" and wiped an anti static pad over it. 

Then used a stamping platform to stamp the large heart from the Visible Image Follow Your Heart set with versafine black onyx ink. Repeat stamped a second time to get a solid, deep impression and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.
I cut a piece of black card 6 1/4" x 6 1/4", wiped the anti static pad over this one too then stamped the large heart with white pigment ink over half of the card, going off the sides and heat embossed with white embossing powder. Repeated to cover the rest of the black panel.
I have a few sheets of bright pink card in my stash so used this for matting and layering. You could just colour white card to get the same effect.
I trimmed the central white panel to 4" x 4 3/8" so the heart sits in the centre. Matted this onto black card with a 1/16" border then onto pink card with a 1/8" border.
The black panel was matted onto pink card with a 3/16" border and onto black card with a 1/4" border.
I picked a couple of sentiments from the Visible Image Have I Told You set stamped them onto scraps of black card using white pigment ink and heat embossed with white embossing powder.
I stamped the flower and butterfly from the heart onto white card using black versafine and clear heat embossed. I coloured these with yellow and pink marker pens, also coloured the circles and flower on the topper panel.
Matted the sentiments onto pink card with a 1/16" border & fussy cut the flower and butterfly.
Stuck the black background to a white 8" x 8" white card blank using pva glue, attached the heart topper using 3d foam tape.
Glued the Soulmates sentiment directly onto the card but used foam pads to attach the other sentiment. Drew around the black panel with a black fine liner pen to create a faux matt.
Used the rounded end of a pen to mould the flower petals and lifted the butterfly wings before fixing them into place with 3d glue gel.
Applied Glossy Accents to the circles

Here is my finished card, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

I hope you have enjoyed this project, thanks for stopping by,
Ali xxx



You can purchase these stamps and stencils here https://visibleimage.com/



Items used

  • Visible Image Stamps - Follow Your Heart and Have I told You
  • Versafine Ink pad - Black Onyx
  • Pigment ink pad - Hero Arts Unicorn White
  • anti static pad
  • stamping platform
  • black fine liner pen
  • Clear and White Embossing Powders
  • Pink and Yellow marker pens
  • Glossy Accents
  • Heat gun
  • White card (300gsm), Pink and Black card for matting & layering

  • 8" x 8" white card blank

  • 3d glue gel, PVA glue and double sided foam pads


No comments:

Post a Comment

Visible Image - Sunny Birthday

 This week I've used the gorgeous Sunflower Grunge stamps from Visible Image to make a bright and sunny birthday card for my mum, Decemb...