Tuesday 10 November 2020

Visible Image - Phoenix Rises in Pink & Gold

Have you seen the beautiful new Visible Image stamps being released this month? This was the first card I made using this awesome set. I really enjoy making bright backgrounds with black silhouettes so it was always going to be bright and blingy with a super dark phoenix.  I got to dip into my collection of sparkly paint and embossing powders. A very happy crafting afternoon 💖




I cut a piece of white card to about 7" x 7", grabbed a water spritzer and a collection of fiery coloured paint powders.

I used Cosmic Shimmer Shakers in Raspberry Rose, Rich Wine, Tangy Tangerine and Nuvo Shimmers in Catherine Wheel, Cherry Bomb and Sunray Crossette.







I gave the card a light spritz to catch the powders and then tapped a little colour from each bottle in different sections of the card.
Then started spritzing water to activate the powders








A little more water and the pigments burst into colour.




Dried with a heat gun and the mica really shines.

I trimmed the card down to about 6" x 6" getting a couple of strips for the sentiments.

 


I  patted an anti static bag over the dry card,  stamped the flames around the edges and then heat embossed with Stampendous holographic gold powder.





I stamped the Phoenix with Black Versafine Clair ink using my stamping platform a few times to get a solid coverage then heat embossed it with Wow black glint embossing powder.

Feeling really happy with how this is turning out 😊








I poured a little black gesso into a scrap foil tin and then dabbed a little around the edges of the card
 using a sponge.

I watered down the black gesso and flicked a little over the card.











I stamped the sentiments onto the strips in black and heat embossed with clear powder.

I cut a triangle out of the left hand side of the WE RISE sentiment and matted them both onto black card.








 
  









I added white highlights to the sentiment and doodled around the edges with a gold sparkle pen.






I outlined the phoenix with a white gel pen to make it pop.







Finally I mounted my card and attached the sentiments.




I hope you have enjoyed this project, thanks for stopping by,
Ali xxx



You can purchase these stamps and stencils here https://visibleimage.com/


Items used

  • Visible Image Stamps - Phoenix Rising
  • Cosmic Shimmer Powders - Raspberry Rose, Rich Wine, Tangy Tangerine
  • Nuvo Shimmer Powders in Catherine Wheel, Cherry Bomb and Sunray Crossette.
  • Water Spritzer
  • Heat gun
  • Black Gesso
  • Sponge
  • Versafine Onyx black pad
  • Holographic Gold, Black Glint and Clear Embossing Powders
  • White gel pen
  • Uniball gold sparkle pen
  • White card (300gsm) and Black card for matting & layering

  • 7" x 7" black card blank

  • double sided tape or pva


No comments:

Post a Comment

Visible Image - Sunny Birthday

 This week I've used the gorgeous Sunflower Grunge stamps from Visible Image to make a bright and sunny birthday card for my mum, Decemb...